Regardless of your health situation, thinking and planning for your future health care can give peace of mind to both you and your family.
Advance Care Planning (ACP) can give this peace of mind by communicating your wishes, values, beliefs and care preferences to family, friends and health care providers.
- ACP is especially valuable if you have a life-limiting or chronic health condition or find yourself unable to speak for yourself during a health crisis
- Planning ahead ensures your treatment and care is in line with your wishes
- Your loved ones won’t have to make difficult decisions on your behalf without knowing what you would have wanted.
The Queensland Health Office of ACP:
- provides a free and confidential service for all Queenslanders
- Reviews and uploads ACP documents including Advance Health Directive, Enduring Power of Attorney and Statement of Choices to the Queensland Health electronic medical record for access by health care professionals.
For more information visit mycaremychoices.com.au or phone 1300 007 227.