COTA Queensland’s Safe and Confident Living – Inner Brisbane Project promotes the wellbeing, social participation, and safety of older residents in inner Brisbane.
Funded by the Department of Communities (Queensland Government) this project is designed to increase the social participation and quality of life of vulnerable older people by linking them with groups and networks in their community. Social isolation can affect mental and physical health and may cause deterioration of a person’s sense of confidence and security.
The project coordinates and resources a range of activities and events to:
- refer and link older people to services and support within their local community
- enhance older people’s life skills, participation and confidence in community living
- help people access accurate information on personal safety, security, and crime prevention strategies.
To support this project we work in partnership with a range of community organisations, networks and government agencies including:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elders and community organisations in Brisbane
- African Seniors Community of Australia Reference Group
- Brisbane City Council
- Brisbane Seniors Network
- Lady Musgrave Trust (Women and Homelessness Working Group)
- Queensland Police Service Seniors Task Force
- Queensland AIDS Council.
If you are interested to find out more about practical projects which enhance seniors’ health, security and participation, please click on the links below:
- Useful Phone Numbers for Seniors
- Vietnamese – Useful Phone Numbers for Seniors
- Spanish – Useful Phone Numbers for Seniors
- Italian – Useful Phone Numbers for Seniors
- Greek – Useful Phone Numbers for Seniors
- Chinese – Useful Phone Numbers for Seniors
- Senior Wiser Safer – Directory of Services for Older People
- Confident, Safe and Secure Living in Queensland – A Handbook on Safety for Seniors
- Department of Communities .
For further information on COTA Queensland’s Safe and Confident Living Project (Inner Brisbane), please email email@example.com or telephone (07) 3316 2999.