COTA Queensland advocates for, resources and mobilises older people to create an age friendly Queensland. We undertake systemic advocacy with a particular focus on disadvantaged and isolated older people
We use the World Health Organisation Active Ageing policy framework and the United Nations Principles for Older Persons to develop policies which improve the health, security and participation of older people.
We develop and maintain constructive relationships with Queensland Government Ministers, Shadow Ministers, the public service, local government, peak bodies, community agencies, seniors and volunteers.
The following principles underpin COTA Queensland policies:
- Maximising the social, economic and political participation of older people
- Promoting positive views of ageing, rejecting ageism, and challenging negative stereotypes
- Promoting sustainable, fair and responsible policies
- Focusing on protecting against and redressing disadvantage
- Protecting and extending services and programs that are used and valued by older people.
If you would like to stay in touch with COTA Queensland policy issues or become involved in policy work, contact us at email@example.com or telephone 1300 738 348.